Website YMCA of Greater New York
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
To help fulfill our mission, we cultivate a culture of learning, leading, and collaboration to enhance community impact. Through our talented staff and “LEAP” career framework (Leadership, Empowerment, Accountability, Personal Growth), we are committed to a people-first approach that fosters trust, inclusion, growth, and development for all.
The YMCA of Greater New York – Association Office is looking for a Learning, Culture & Engagement Coordinator who will provide support for all learning and culture projects. These projects/initiatives develop/strengthen staff skills, foster an engaging and supportive work environment and promote internal connections. This role will also support the L&D and Culture & Engagement teams in developing and sustaining a vibrant LEAP (Leadership, Empowering, Accountability, Personal Growth)-infused culture and will ensure successful administration, coordination, and delivery of all projects/initiatives.
- Delivers accurate and frequent reporting for Branches and leadership teams (new hire and existing staff compliance; training evaluations; new hire and onboarding reports; mentoring reports and feedback; engagement reports/surveys support; ad hoc learning and culture reporting for all related projects)
- Assist in validating, tracking, and capturing employee data in various LMS platforms, as well as ad hoc reporting. Conduct audits by cross-referencing active staff report list.
- Schedule and update learning activities/events, track enrollments and generate roster reports.
Administrative and logistics support:
- Manage learning spaces/events (in-person & online).
- Creates invites, flyers to promote/share with staff; sign-in sheets and admin/learning guides and resources.
- Delivers excellent customer service for staff accessing various learning platforms (LMS).
- Manage the administrative aspects of the onboarding process including pre-boarding, emails, orientation, tracking, accessibility, and the holistic onboarding journey.
- Support the administrative / logistical processes involved in engagement programs such as a mentoring program.
Support LEAP related activities:
- Support other L&D and Culture & Engagement related tasks given.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- BA or BS Degree or equivalent working experience.
- 2+ years of office experience.
- Previous experience in HR administration preferred.
- Proficient in managing end-to-end projects/programs and handling multiple tasks at once.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and present to groups.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize, follow up, and manage time effectively.
- Strong technical skills: MS Office Suite.
- Proactive with the passion to continually learn/grow.
- Familiarity of learning management systems.
- Familiarity of various culture and engagement programs
The YMCA of Greater New York offers a variety of benefits to its staff members, including retirement benefits, medical, paid time off, free YMCA membership, and more! Benefit eligibility is determined by an individual’s employment status (i.e., full-time or part-time), tenure, and/or the number of hours scheduled to work. Click here for more information.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
To apply for this job please visit ymcanyc.csod.com.