Website YMCA of Greater New York
$85,000.00 – $100,000.00 Salaried
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today, the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together; we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
To help fulfill our mission, we cultivate a culture of learning, leading, and collaboration to enhance community impact. Through our talented staff and “LEAP” career framework (Leadership, Empowerment, Accountability, Personal Growth), we are committed to a people-first approach that fosters trust, inclusion, growth, and development for all.
The YMCA of Greater New York is seeking an Employee Relations & Compliance Manager responsible for providing Human Resources support to the Association Office and all branches with employee relations, training, and compliance with government regulations.
- Respond to a high volume of calls from staff to resolve issues regarding Human Resources policies, conflict resolution, performance concerns and terminations.
- Investigate and resolve all complaints promptly.
- Research, design, and present relevant Association-wide training programs in all areas of Employee Relations.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal discrimination and employment regulations/laws.
- Assist with updating the Employee Human Resources Guide to ensure key employment policies and expectations are clear and communicated/disseminated to all employees.
- Develop metrics to strategically inform and measure employee relations efforts.
- Work with Senior Executive, Employee Relations and SVP, Human Resources to review and approve legal position statements for presentation to the EEOC and NY Division of Human Rights.
- Proactively identify potential concerns and address them with the Senior Executive, Employee Relations and SVP, Human Resources, as necessary.
- Uphold association policies, demonstrate ethical behavior and demonstrate the YMCA’s core values.
- Actively participate in and support trainings, designated meetings and special events.
- Complete various projects assigned by the Senior Executive, Employee Relations and SVP, Human Resources.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years progressive Human Resources/Employee Relations experience.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State Employment laws.
- Ability to quickly establish productive and credible working relationships with all levels of staff.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Strong commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and database spreadsheets.
The YMCA of Greater New York offers a variety of benefits to its staff members including retirement benefits, medical, paid-time off, free YMCA membership and more! Benefit eligibility is determined by an individual’s employment status (ie. full-time or part-time), tenure and/or the number of hours scheduled to work. Click here for more information.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
Full-Time / Regular
YMCA of Greater New York Association Offices
New York, NY
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
To apply for this job please visit ymcanyc.csod.com.