Website Tufts Medicine
We’re saving lives, building careers, and reimagining healthcare. We can’t wait to grow alongside you.
The HR Communications Manager will develop and execute communication plans that inform, educate and inspire the workforce about Human Resources initiatives that are vital to their career success and corporate engagement. With limited direction from leadership, the HR Communications Manager serves as a communications expert researching, developing, implementing and measuring complex communications strategies delivered in effective and consumable ways. Introduces creative and innovative ideas, gathers diverse insights, and takes data-driven informed approaches to accomplishing the work.
This professional will be well-versed in strategies for reaching a diverse workforce with regular and targeted communications. The position will work closely with both Human Resources and Marketing Communications leaders as the system makes important and significant changes in its corporate function, including the transformation of the HR department and communications function to support an integrated health system and reflect our unified mission, vision and values and our comprehensive DEI vision and strategy. This individual will collaborate across the system to propose and share creative ideas and plan timing for extensive and critical communications and change management projects.
- Develop a multi-year communications strategy for HR communications, including the implementation of new platforms, as well as annual needs such as benefits communications, performance reviews, professional development, rewards and recognition, wellness and engagement surveys. Flexible and proactive, able to adapt plans as needs and situations evolve.
- Consults with leaders in HR and throughout the health system and advise on communications, approach leveraging knowledge, expertise and insights from targeted audiences. Project manages, develops and writes complex communications plans and manages the implementation of those plans by engaging necessary resources, and using digital tools.
- Writes accurate and succinct original copy and develops complementary visuals and infographics, targeted to primary audiences of leaders and team members.
- Work closely with HR and communications leaders to develop insights, calendars, and project plans to execute plans to highlight and strengthen our culture while engaging every stakeholder group in the Tufts Medicine healthcare system.
- Use plain and effective language that promotes employee engagement, belonging, equity and an overall positive work environment. Has firm understanding of diversity and inclusion principles and the diverse needs of the workforce and incorporates this knowledge into communications approaches.
- Serve as the communications lead for Workday communications.
- Act as a trusted advisor to care team managers and senior leadership, enabling them to communicate and drive meaningful DEI engagement and outcomes. Develops relationships across the system that facilitate DEI content identification and dissemination.
- Prepare internal communication on DEI topics. Work closely across the system with DEI leads and councils to ensure system wide reporting against measurements and goals.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with senior leaders, HR partners system manager and staff. Works independently, exercises independent judgment, takes initiative, and uses discretion in performance of duties. Works to ensure consistency of internal messaging across the system.
- Prepares and handles highly sensitive or confidential materials, and supports division and other senior leaders, as required or directed.
- Develops and writes managers’ guides, tool kits and talking points for major initiatives, providing clear, concise and consistent information for managers to use with staff or in other settings.
- Collaborate with Internal Communications professionals to coordinate HR communications with broader Internal Communications needs and initiatives.
- Use exceptional written and verbal skills to develop or brief into marketing, communications materials including but not limited to digital platforms, emails, fact sheets, brochures, videos, presentations, speeches, etc.
- Serve as the content developer for HR pages on the Tufts Medicine intranet.
- Works in a manner consistent with the organization’s core competencies of ownership, service-orientation, collaboration, valuing differences and courage.
- Other related duties as assigned
- 10+ years of experience in internal communications and/or DEI communication
- Demonstrated competence in developing and executing communications and change management projects in a large, diverse and complex organizations.
- Health care experience preferred
- Able to balance client expectations, project scope and timelines.
- Experience leading technology implementations highly desired
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships and negotiate complex issues to achieve positive outcomes.
- Ability to multitask, plan and meet or renegotiate deadlines.
- Experience working in a matrixed role
- Ensure knowledge and understanding of important HR and DEI initiatives across all care team members and stakeholder groups.
- Increase engagement of employees through clear and creative communications, helping advance Tufts Medicine’s goal of being a destination workplace
- Strengthen our culture and engagement by embedding our mission, vision, values and DEI vision into everyday communication.
- Bachelor’s in communications, marketing, organizational development or similar field
- Work environment: professional office environment with typical office requirements such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.
- Virtual role but must be able to attend in person meetings and events in eastern MA area occasionally.
- This is largely a sedentary role, which involves sitting most of the time, but may involve movements such as walking, standing, reaching, ascending / descending stairs and operate office equipment
- Frequently required to speak, hear, communicate and exchange information
- Able to see and read computers displays, read fine print, and/or normal type size print and distinguish letters, numbers and symbols
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Ability to work in confined or open environments
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
Tufts Medicine is a leading integrated health system bringing together the best of academic and community healthcare to deliver exceptional, connected and accessible care experiences to consumers across Massachusetts. Comprised of Tufts Medical Center, Lowell General Hospital, MelroseWakefield Hospital, Lawrence Memorial Hospital of Medford, Care at Home – an expansive home care network, and large integrated physician network. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at Tufts Medicine. Tufts Medicine does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation by emailing us at email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit careers.tuftsmedicine.org.