Website The Gilman Brothers Company
The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for a variety of HR functions reporting directly to the Controller. The duties include recruitment, hiring, onboarding, compliance, maintenance of the HRIS system (ADP), assisting with processing of payroll and assisting Controller with other projects as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform routine tasks and carry our various processes, procedure, projects and duties required to administer and execute a variety of tasks and functions.
- Must be knowledgeable in state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
- Must have the ability to effectively interface and communicate with all levels of management and employees within the facility.
- Must interpret policies and ensure compliance across departments.
- Responsible for HR reporting/surveys (EEO-1, logs, and wage/benefit surveys), filing reports on a timely basis and maintains adequate documentation, audit trail and compliance with record retention regulations.
- Maintains employee personnel files and handles information both in electronic and paper form in a confidential manner.
- Administers leaves of absences including Federal and State programs in partnership with ADP Totalsource.
- Performs investigations when needed for employee issues and makes recommendations on practical proactive solutions for discipline or other corrective actions.
- Familiarity with basic benefits offered to employees to answer inquiries.
- Preparation of periodic reports, and auditing and reconciliation functions.
- Understanding of general HR policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency with HRIS systems, ADP Totalsource experience a plus.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, confidentiality and empathy.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus.
- Must be a self-motivated, and a problem solver.
- 3 – 5 years previous experience in a manufacturing role desired.
- Must be willing to perform other duties as assigned.
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Advanced computer skills including excel spreadsheets, and accounting software. .
- Familiarity with ADP or other HCM/payroll systems preferred.
- Must be deadline driven and flexible to respond to changing requirements with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Reliability through attendance, punctuality, and attention to workstation.
- Must have visual acuity to determine colors.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess satisfactory interpersonal skills to help administer various initiatives and solve common employee or customer issues or questions.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Employee works in a dynamic manufacturing environment and may be exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Primarily a seated desk type position.
- Heavy use of standard computer and keyboard.
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs.
- Some lifting of boxes weighing up to 30 pounds may be necessary.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Ability to provide effective communication.
- Ability to accurately complete assignments in a detailed and timely manner.
EXPERIENCE AND WORK REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Bachelor’s Degree of equivalent
- SHRM and or HRCI certification a plus
To apply for this job please visit www.ziprecruiter.com.