What to Expect
Tesla is looking for an experienced HR Leader to oversee the talented People teams that support North America Manufacturing. The ideal candidate enjoys driving engagement and building organizational scalability. No day is the same and the ideal fit is someone who thrives in a dynamic organization where anything is possible, and much is still being built.
As HR Leader, you will ensure that all HR policies and procedures are implemented along with ensuring understanding by leadership teams. Consult, guide and coach all levels of leadership (including senior to executive) to create a positive and productive environment.
We care about people, growth, excellence, and results. Bottom line, we are in search of real people that believe in and deliver the impossible every day.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee HR for multiple factory locations across the U.S., positively contributing to organizational health and employee experience.
- Provide HR guidance and advice to all levels of management on HR policy and procedures, balancing needs with best practice.
- Drive engagement across locations and relentlessly focus on increasing employee satisfaction.
- Be a credible activist for your clients, your team and our mission.
- Have a positive can-do attitude and be an innovative problem solver.
- Understand our business and how what you do helps it accelerate at ludicrous speeds.
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Be a leader throughout Tesla – speak up, exert influence to create positive change.
- Propose and lead HR initiatives.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in experience.
- 15+ years of HR Leadership and/or HRBP experience.
- Heavy employee relations experience with ability to create and implement sustainable solutions.
- Able to understand the needs of the business from hourly worker to executive.
- Ability to have influence at all levels in the organization.
- Strong generalist HR experience is essential for this role, preferably from a multi-site industrial environment.
- Good working knowledge of local employment law, works council, and HR best practices.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken and able to develop positive working relationships across all levels and functions.
- Proven track record of positively influencing teams and their leaders.
- Ability to connect and engage with all teams at all levels and treat everyone as equal.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, and constantly changing environment.
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload and meet deadlines.
Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
To apply for this job please visit www.tesla.com.