Website Smithfield Foods
A great job-and a great future-awaits you at Smithfield Foods. We’re an $18 billion U.S. food company with nearly 60,000 employees worldwide. We’re looking for motivated people who want to join our team and grow lasting and meaningful careers with us. Join our family today. Apply Now!
Our team members receive industry-competitive salaries and are eligible for great benefits packages:
- Competitive Pay: $19.47 – $28.69 per hour
- Eligible for Overtime Pay
- Comprehensive Health Insurance, Retirement Benefits and More
- Education benefit available to full and part time Smithfield team members on their first day of employment.
In addition, we offer opportunities for career growth, professional development, and tuition assistance.
The HR Coordinator will provide administrative assistance to the plant Human Resources department. This position will focus on recruiting, policy and procedure administration, training, and various administrative duties. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, well organized and have worked in a multi-tasked, fast paced environment. Candidate must have a solid foundation and understanding of Human Resources. This role is a stepping-stone for highly driven candidates to learn the organization and grow a career in Human Resources.
- Answers routine questions and inquires that require knowledge of established departmental procedures and familiarity with operations and programs within human resources.
- Provides customer service and problem solving for employees by assisting in resolution of questions or complaints.
- Assists in pre-employment screening, applicant assessments and employment verifications.
- Processes human resource documentation for new hires, including I-9 compliance.
- May review employment applications/resumes and interview applicants.
- Enters employee data into HRIS, including: on-boarding information, disciplinary action notes, address changes, telephone number changes, etc.
- Assists in the coordination of the plant employee benefit program.
- Assists in sick leave and leave of absence program, family and medical leave administration, benefit continuation and premium payment tracking.
- Enters daily attendance information.
- Assists in preparation of orientation and/or training documentation.
- Conducts follow up exit interviews.
- Completes special assignments and projects as required. May research files for difficult-to-find data.
- Perform tasks and other administrative projects as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED and 2+ years relevant experience, required.
- Ability to be organized, flexible and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work with all levels of an organization and manage up effectively.
- Solid understanding of Human Resources functions and requirements.
- Ability to deal with and handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and tact.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Outstanding motivation skills and positive attitude required.
- Previous SAP/HCM system experience a preferred.
- Previous Applicant Tracking System, (iCIMS) experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Preferably bi-lingual in Spanish or another language.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The majority of the time is spent in an office setting outside of the production plant. The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance, vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to sit, use hands to handle or feel, and talk or hear.
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment selection process, please call us at 757-357-1595.
To apply for this job please visit smithfieldfoods.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.