At SmartBear, we deliver the complete visibility developers need to make each release better than the last. Our award winning and industry favorite tools TestComplete, Swagger, Cucumber, ReadyAPI, Zephyr are trusted by over 16 million developers, testers, and software engineers at 32,000+ organizations – including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft.
People and Culture Generalist
To build and extend SmartBear’s success and growth, we are looking for a People & Culture (P&C) Generalist to join our team. Our P&C team is a passionate, and committed team of individuals who help drive and inspire SmartBear’s initiatives of employee culture, engagement, learning and development, and career growth. You will help us continue to build and deliver a dynamic global employee experience and grow personally and professionally by tackling P&C fundamentals from the ground up.
About the role
As a People and Culture Generalist you will:
- Support and administer P&C programs including but not limited to; benefits, COBRA, leaves of absences, payroll support, investigations, performance management, and employee engagement.
- Provide operational support for US benefits program inclusive of; Open Enrollment, policy updates, vendor relationships, payroll deductions, employee questions, and communications.
- Handle employment-related inquiries from employees and managers, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate P&C team members.
- Partner and collaborate with managers to provide consultative support in the areas of employee engagement, performance management, retention, and talent development.
- Attend and participate in employee relations meetings, investigations, and terminations.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Review, track, and document compliance with mandatory training.
- Assist with immigration-related processes for employment visas.
- Generate and process reports for in-depth key metrics that provide real-time global visibility across the employee base and P&C initiatives.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We are looking for you if you have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
- This role is hybrid out of our Headquarters. Candidate should be local and within commutable distance to Somerville, MA.
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in a HR Coordinator or HR Generalist role.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to meet deadlines in a multi-task, fast-paced environment.
- Advanced Excel knowledge and proficiency with other MS Office applications, including Word and Outlook.
- Experience with personnel and payroll data systems (e.g. BambooHR & ADP) preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Why you should join the SmartBear crew:
- You can grow your career at every level.
- We invest in your success as well as the spaces where our teams come together to work, collaborate, and have fun.
- We love celebrating our SmartBears; we even encourage our crew to take their birthdays off.
- We are guided by a People and Culture organization – an important distinction for us. We think about our team holistically – the whole person.
- We celebrate our differences in experiences, viewpoints, and identities because we know it leads to better outcomes.
Did you know?
- Our main goal at SmartBear is to make our technology-driven world a better place.
- SmartBear is committed to ethical corporate practices and social responsibility, promoting good in all the communities we serve.
- SmartBear is headquartered in Somerville, MA with offices across the world including Galway Ireland, Bath, UK, Wroclaw, Poland and Bangalore, India.
- We’ve won major industry (product and company) awards including B2B Innovators Award, Content Marketing Association, IntellyX Digital Innovator and BuiltIn Best Places to Work.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.