RailWorks is committed to helping our employees live better lives. We offer comprehensive benefits packages to eligible employees, including competitive pay, medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) with company match, and additional performance incentives.
Pay Range: $105000 – $115000 / year
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, the Human Resources Generalist will support both field operations and corporate departments concerning employee relations, talent and performance management, compensation and benefits, employee development, and other HR related projects/initiatives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute HR programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; and training and development.
• Partners with field management and employees at all levels to communicate various HR policies, procedures, laws, standards, and government regulations. Maintains knowledge of changing laws.
• Works with HR and management to develop and implement programs that attract, hire, and retain top talent
• Benchmarks jobs against survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive pay bands and total compensation for each position.
• Builds and maintains salary grade levels and structures.
• Assists in yearly merit and incentive compensation planning and administration.
• Maintains knowledge of economic conditions, labor market, and other factors related to ensuring the organization provides competitive and reasonable benefits and compensation scales and structures.
• Provides support in areas of benefit administration, open enrollment, and wellness initiatives as required.
• Leads efforts to organize HR information and makes recommendations for internal process improvements.
• Key contributor to HR projects and initiatives.
• 5+ years of HR Generalist experience.
• Experience in multi-site companies necessary; experience with a large population of hourly workers a plus. Construction experience preferred.
• Clear track record of career progression, increasing responsibility and accountability.
Skills and Qualifications
• Excellent communication skills; written, verbal and presentation.
• Superior technical abilities to utilize our HRIS, applicant tracking system and related programs; ability to provide technical training in these programs to field personnel.
• The ability and desire to work as a team player, within the field organizations and HR department.
• Possess the intellectual ability and creative talents to understand the specific needs of our Company and design and deliver programs that will be appropriate, effective, and productive.
• Has the ability and maturity to work with all levels of the organization.
• Possesses the character and unquestionable integrity to represent the Company.
• Demonstrates significant problem-solving abilities and highly refined analytical skills.
• Works in a proactive manner and is a self starter who approaches his/her work with a sense of urgency.
• Meets deadlines under pressure in short time frames.
• Can multi-task and thrive in an environment where numerous tasks and projects occur simultaneously, where change is the norm.
• Excellent PC skills, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, organizational development or relevant technical discipline required, an advanced degree a plus.
• Can expect 10% travel within the U.S. and Canada.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
RailWorks is North America’s leading track and transit system experts for over 100 years and with 45 offices across the U.S. and Canada. We take on challenging projects every day and our success rely on a collaborative and open-minded work environment that encourages teamwork, positivity, and ingenuity. We are committed to creating a culture of trust, respect, and acceptance. RailWorks also offers opportunities to grow your career, develop your skills and pursue success.
RailWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with RailWorks without regard to an individual’s sex, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.railworks.com.