Website Planet Fitness
Founded in 1992 in Dover, NH, Planet Fitness is one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States by number of members and locations. We have over 2,400+ stores in 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, Panama, Mexico, and Australia. More than 90% of Planet Fitness stores are owned and operated by independent business men and women.
At Planet Fitness, our unique mission has always been to enhance people’s lives by providing a high-quality fitness experience in a welcoming, non-intimidating environment. And we’re proud of the amazing Planet Fitness team that supports our clubs and team members. They are comprised of dynamic, dedicated, and talented individuals who represent our values of integrity, transparency, passion, respect, and excellence (while having fun!) in everything they do.
Joining the PF family means being part of a company that cares about bettering the health and wellbeing of our communities. It means being a part of a supportive, engaging workforce with an inclusive culture that values diversity and creates an environment where everyone can feel they belong. It means encouraging professional growth and development. It means making true, lasting connections with your co-workers with celebrations, team building activities and engaging corporate events! It means creating a positive impact in our local communities through our Judgement Free Generation® philanthropic initiative. It means being part of a brand that you can be proud of!
For the past 30 years, we’ve helped millions of people in their fitness journey and revolutionized the industry along the way. And we’re just getting started!
The HR Coordinator will support our people initiatives, improving the quality of the employee experience. As our HR Coordinator, you will be responsible for providing essential support in the day-to-day administration of HR Operations including accurate and timely processing and onboarding of new hires into the HRIS system and maintaining accurate and complete digital files. The HR Coordinator will also work cross-functionally with payroll and our Corporate Club management teams to address HR related questions and support the employee life cycle.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of all new and rehire transactions; including managing compliance with the workflow, onboarding, and adherence to forms and payroll deadlines.
- Responsible for overseeing the timely and accurate completion and on-going maintenance of the I-9 forms.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and complete digital employee files adhering to all state and federal compliance regulations.
- Ensures administrative compliance of data entry in adherence to payroll cycles and deadlines.
- Serves as an HR contact for HR related questions from managers regarding HR programs and processes and works with the managers to ensure employee forms are completed accurately and submitted in a timely manner. Escalates and redirects matters to other members of the HR team as needed.
- Acts as a critical user of HR systems, including our HRIS and talent management systems. Responsible for entering and maintaining data as well as generating and analyzing on-going and ad hoc reports as needed.
- Ensures and maintains data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
- Assists with the processing of change and terminations forms, responds to unemployment inquiries, wage verifications, and other related agency requests for employment information as needed.
- Assists in maintaining updated employee documentation including HR operations training material, job descriptions, policies, employee handbooks, and other pertinent employee communication materials.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement in existing operations and provides timely feedback and pertinent recommendations to HR Management.
- Participates in special annual projects as required such as Open Enrollment, Flu Clinic, Volunteer Committee Events, New Club Openings, etc.
- Assists with other duties, as needed.
- Associate degree in Business or a related field, preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in Human Resources or similar administrative role
- Working knowledge of general HR operations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- HRIS system experience, ADP Workforce Now experience, preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately and with discretion
- Ability to creatively solve problems and demonstrates initiative and innovation
- Proven organizational skills and ability to focus upon priorities and works well in an environment with competing demands
- Strong analytical skills, excellent verbal, and communication/customer service skills
- A proactive, high energy, can-do, positive attitude with an effective and efficient customer service mindset
- Exceptional attention to detail, efficient, and organized with an ability to establish priorities and objectives
- Excellent presentation and communication skills along with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Able to establish and maintain effective, collaborative work relationships with diverse individuals, internally and externally
- Dedicated learner with a natural curiosity for consistent growth
- Exhibits comfort, ease, and flexibility working in an extremely fast-paced ever-changing, deadline-driven environment
- Cooperative team player with an upbeat, positive, “can-do” attitude!
- Hybrid work schedule out of our Hampton, NH location
- Volunteer days off
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, pharmacy, dental and vision benefits
- Generous vacation/holiday pay
- 401(k) Retirement
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Childcare reimbursement
- Pet care reimbursement
- Learning and development programs
- Discount programs, including vacations, theme parks, shopping, meal delivery services & much more
- Free Black Card membership and fun exercise incentives
- Company-sponsored social events
- Access to our gym at headquarters, complete with locker rooms and Black Card area
- Delicious, healthy breakfast and lunch options served at our headquarters café
To apply for this job please visit corporatecareers-planetfitness.icims.com.