Website Pine Street Inn
Pine Street Inn began its journey in 1969, offering a safe alternative to the streets of Boston to approximately 200 men suffering from alcoholism.
Since then, our comprehensive programs and services have expanded to include housing, emergency services, and workforce development to support nearly 2,000 individuals each day. Our mission is to end homelessness by making permanent housing a reality for all.
Human Resources – Employee Engagement Manager
This position is the point person and lead on the HR Operations team that supports program and department leaders in ensuring a positive employee experience and engagement. The Employee Engagement Manager is also the point of contact for employees in the given department they support, if there are questions or concerns. This role serves as a conduit, partner and liaison between the department or program they support and the HR Administration team, Talent Acquisition Team, and the Learning and Development team. In order to meet business needs, the work schedule for this role will be M-F from 8am-4pm. The Employee Engagement Manager is a critical part of our HR function and to our commitment to a positive employee experience.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00am -4:30pm
- Work with colleagues in the HR department in support of agency and department goals.
- In conjunction with HR colleagues, consistently identify, organize, promote and operationalize approved opportunities to advance or streamline HR process of operations.
- Facilitate cooperative relationships with all PSI programs and departments.
- Always model behavior that is in support of PSI values and in compliance with PSI policies.
- Model discretion and professionalism for all PSI staff at all times.
- Provide visible, valuable participation in all Pine Street activities including but not limited to general staff meetings, department staff meetings, organization-wide events.
- Assist in addressing employee relations issues including complex and emotionally charged employee relations issues using expert judgement and guidance. Duties will include, scheduling of meetings, notetaking during meetings, conducting further research or data collection including Dashboard, preparing final corrective action drafts and other employee relations documents.
- Assist in conducting thorough, effective and objective investigations to conclusion.
- Assist in coordinating activities to develop the affirmative action policies and the Affirmative Action Plan.
- Conduct Exit Interviews and oversee exit process for resigning employees.
- Analyze exit interview data and compile to work with the Senior Director of HR Operations and Engagement to identify trends impacting the larger organization.
- Ensure that HR policies are communicated and followed and act as advisor when it comes to policy and/or procedure questions.
- Manage the employee grievances process and protocol.
- Act as advisor to department and program leaders on writing and delivering performance feedback.
- Generate and track reports and communications with supervisors and managers to ensure timely and appropriate use of Cornerstone on Demand technology in the provision of employee reviews. Coordinate exceptions and system changes, and track exceptions in coordination with Senior Director of HR Operations and Engagement.
- Facilitate trainings and serve as administrator of the PSI performance management system for assigned departments/programs. Create and maintain communications with supervisors and managers on successful completion of employee performance evaluations. Promote use of performance management technology throughout work with managers.
- Mediate issues related to workplace disagreements and support program management with facilitation of difficult conversations with staff.
- Assist program management with development and implementation of personnel related program policies.
- Partner with HR colleagues in the coordination of activities to enhance employee engagement.
- Act as the liaison for staff training and development opportunities. Provide information and guidance to the Learning and Development staff on training and staff development needs at assigned programs and departments.
- Coordinate language translation resources for related documents and meetings as required by program/departments.
- Participate in various HR programs including orientations, benefits meetings and fairs, performance management meetings and trainings.
- Participate in cross-training opportunities with other HR team members in order to provide backup and support as requests.
- Minimum of five (5) years of HR generalist experience; or equivalent combination of skills and experience
- Strong planning and organizational skills; superior interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated experience building strong partnerships with managers to deliver expert HR guidance
- Demonstrated experience with employee relations matters, including corrective actions, performance management, coaching/training, and leaves of absence administration
- Have a general understanding of labor law and compliance
- Highly developed organizational and communication skills, including strong written communication skills
- Must have good judgement, and be able to handle sensitive or confidential information with discretion
- Must be approachable with an ability to facilitate, mediate or drive difficult conversations and decisions
- Flexible, creative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to display empathy and to reinforce professional boundaries during difficult/stressful conversations
- Must be able to adapt to competing or changing priorities
- Must be action oriented and take initiative to address difficult situations
- Must be able to perform a wide variety of difficult tasks at the same time
- Must be able to work with diverse constituencies in a stressful environment
- Experience working in an HR department supporting programs servicing homeless or individuals suffering from complex disabilities and facing significant barriers to housing preferred
- Successful experience supporting a human/social service, academic department or business unit preferred
Pine Street Inn is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit pinestreetinn.hrmdirect.com.