The “new” PerkinElmer business, a newly independent company as of March 13, 2023, is a global analytical services and solutions provider with offerings including the leading OneSource Field and Laboratory services business that serve the biopharma, food, environmental, safety and applied end markets to accelerate scientific outcomes. Since 1937, PerkinElmer has served as a trusted partner in laboratory analysis and management and today complements its service offerings with a broad portfolio of atomic spectroscopy, molecular spectroscopy, and chromatography instruments, consumables, and reagents. With a dedicated team of more than 6,000 team members, the Company serves customers in more than 35 countries. Additional information is available at www.perkinelmer.com.
Reporting to the Global Talent Leader for PerkinElmer, the Director, Global Talent Management will work closely with the HR team across PerkinElmer to design impactful, results-oriented practices and developmental experiences in talent planning, performance management, talent review and succession planning, competency modeling/role profiling, and culture, inclusion and diversity in alignment with the overall organizational strategy. This role needs to be an innovative practitioner with executive development, executive coaching, and leadership assessment experience to maximize the potential of our talent and build a strong pipeline for our most critical roles. Our ideal candidate has worked in a fast-paced international environment where the details, quality, teamwork and a great culture matter.
- Oversee performance management in partnership with the HR Community which includes goal setting, mid-year discussions, 360 exercises, advancement and year-end processes.
- Conduct train-the-trainer sessions on the performance management steps and coach HR / business leaders to improve quality and outcomes of performance conversations and deliverables.
- Subject matter expertise in utilizing Workday® talent tools to enhance and simplify current Performance Management practices.
- A forward-thinking leader with an appetite to learn the PerkinElmer business model in depth to support the talent strategy.
- Provide expertise in talent management to deliver and continuously improve our talent processes, designing and program managing the process execution.
- Support talent evaluation and assessment, promotions, annual talent reviews.
- Engage with an array of senior-level stakeholders with presence and preparedness.
- Manage an integrated talent management process implementing strategies to identify and cultivate high-potential talent including developing and maintaining talent dashboards and KPIs.
- Designs, develops, and pilots a broad scope of Talent Management and Organizational Development programs to meet business needs and HR priorities across a global organization.
- Consult, coach/mentor and share talent management & leadership development best practices.
- Leads the team that manages our engagement survey process, action plans and deliverables.
- Subject matter expertise in utilizing Workday® talent tools to enhance and simplify current Talent Management practices.
- Partner with business and HR leaders to define enterprise critical roles and desired skills and develop action plans for individuals to assume those positions.
- Leads the design and execution of the enterprise succession planning process to identify and develop plans to differentially invest in top talent across PerkinElmer.
- Support executive onboarding for critical roles and enhance assimilation into PerkinElmer culture, vision and values.
- Subject matter expertise in utilizing Workday® talent tools to enhance and simplify current Succession Planning practices.
EXECUTIVE DEVELOPMENT AND TALENT ACCELERATOR PROGRAMS:
- Develop a strategy for leadership assessments addressing the unique needs at each stage of an employee’s career.
- Build positive, collaborative and action-oriented partnerships among SMEs, peers, and stakeholders to scale global leadership solutions.
- Design programs, content and tools that meet the needs of the business, and deploy targeted solutions as needed (i.e., assessment, coaching, talent acquisition support, analytics, knowledge transfer, etc.)
- Build high-trust partnerships with regional teams to understand their greatest leadership challenges and opportunities. Develop recommended solutions that address top priority needs.
DIVERSITY, ENGAGEMENT AND INCLUSION:
- Ensure a diversity, inclusion, and engagement lens is integrated into all talent management processes and systems.
- Be a strategic leader, develop, shape, and implement a comprehensive DE&I strategy aligned with the company’s mission, vision, and values.
- Continuing to grow the Employee Resource Groups’ (ERG) strategy at a global level and providing leadership and support to empower and strengthen our internal communities ensuring robust implementation of the ERG framework.
- Determine Diversity, Equity & Inclusion effectiveness though reporting and data analytics.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university or college or 8+ years of work experience in Human Resources or Recruitment/Talent Acquisition.
- 3+ years of Workday experience
- Leads through a high level of ambiguity and feels comfortable operating in a space often with little direction to solve hard, complex talent and organizational business problems.
- An excellent operator who can break down large plans into tangible initiatives and goals, and track these closely to deliver results.
- The leader in this role must have strong ownership, grit, and drive for results.
- The leader will understand how to make high judgment decisions while balancing data driven analysis with creativity.
- This role will suit a strong and structured written and verbal communicator, who must have the ability gather business requirements and partner with the various stakeholders, inclusive of our senior business executive leaders, to plan, implement, and improve solutions.
- This person will also have comfort with presenting regularly with executive and C-suite leaders, with the confidence to facilitate debate with leaders at this level.
- Strong assessment skills coupled with excellent judgment and perspective on human resources issues.
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement. Experience with establishing new global HR processes and identifying/implementing innovative HR digital solutions.
- Able to energize and inspire others to commit to and act on business priorities.
- Excels at developing and implementing organization-wide processes and projects.
- Advanced ability to deliver analytics using Workday, Excel or other similar tools.
- Experienced leader with the ability to influence with trust and credibility, collaborate across functional/geographical business leaders and navigate through change.
- Self-starter, builder, and someone who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Preference to candidates in Eastern U.S. time zone.
The annual compensation range for this full-time position is $139,880 to $209,560. The final base pay offered to the successful candidate will be determined by factors including internal equity, work location, as well as individual qualifications, such as job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.perkinelmer.com.