Website Peloton Interactive
As a member of the People leadership team and reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Senior Director, Employee Relations (ER), will play a critical role in leading Peloton’s global Employee Relations team. They will lead, execute and enhance existing employment practices and workplace policies maintaining compliance and improving employee relations. This role will drive transformational change in how leaders engage our hybrid and remote team members and work towards building ER competence and confidence, and ultimately improve the employee experience at Peloton.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Inspect and refine the global Employee Relations framework and policies to strengthen the foundational operating model to mitigate employment risk and enhance the employee experience.
- Drive cultural adoption of ER framework and skills through communication and training for people leaders and employees.
- Leverage data to identify and interpret trends in employee relations issues across business, region, and/or geography and design and recommend action-oriented interventions and solutions.
- Partner with Employment Legal and HR Business Partners on solutions to address issues from a systematic perspective to ensure policies and practices comply with applicable country and local laws and regulations.
- Continue the optimization of the employee relations team by implementing standard methodologies of risk analysis and forecasting, case and performance management and identify opportunities and creative solutions to promote people leadership excellence.
- Provide oversight and direction to the ER team on conducting investigations and follow-up on employee grievances involving but not limited to: harassment, discrimination, behavior concerns, and manager conflict.
- Engage as a trusted adviser and oversee the coaching and influencing of all levels of leadership in addressing employee behavior both during and how to navigate themselves and the workplace post-investigation.
- Champion a team environment that promotes and supports diversity, equity, inclusion, and innovation.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 10-15 years of Employee Relations experience, including investigations and training at a senior level in large, complex multinational organizations (Americas, EMEA, and APAC)
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school.
- Exceptional relationship-building skills to effectively pre-empt, understand, and respond to global ER needs.
- Proven track record in designing and delivering successful ER training interventions.
- Analytical skills to interpret ER case data and identify meaningful trends and patterns for informed decision-making and employment risk management.
- Persuasive and pragmatic approach to advising on high-risk / high-profile and complex issues, minimizing PR and litigation risk.
- Capable of collaborating effectively with critical stakeholders such as Legal, HR, and Compliance.
- Experience managing large-scale change projects.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, Crain’s New York Business’ Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME’s Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
Peloton provides Members with expert instruction, world-class content and the fitness industry’s leading music library to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton offers an immersive and personalized experience [with or without equipment]. Access Peloton content via the Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, Guide, Row or the Peloton App, now with multiple membership tiers. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a highly engaged community of nearly 7 million Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Peloton, where all team members, applicants, and other covered persons are considered on the basis of their personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, unemployment status, familial status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all practices and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To apply for this job please visit careers.onepeloton.com.