The Office of the Chief Human Capital Officer is seeking Human Resources (HR) Specialists to support various facets of HR programs. Immediate vacancies in the areas of organizational change/employee development and internships (Washington, DC), and Employee Development & Training (California). Additional vacancies in other HR functional areas and duty locations may be filled from this announcement as they occur.
- Duties described below are at the highest grade advertised. Duties assigned at lower grade levels will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity; duties will be commensurate with the grade of selected employee.
- Manage and administer HR programs delivering expert human resources management products/services and serving as the organizational link between various stakeholders and the program area.
- Advise on and/or resolve a range of complex operational and/or strategic HR issues.
- Apply a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods to identify, assess, analyze, and improve products and services and recommend HR solutions for a range of complex issues.
- Develop and deliver HR briefings, facilitate large group discussions, and/or prepare status/staff reports to communicate and foster understanding and acceptance of findings and recommendations.
- Provide expert advisory, consultative, and technical services to managers and stakeholders on a broad range of HR matters, e.g., training/ employee development, performance management, organizational development/change, awards and recognition.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate the effectiveness of HR programs within the Center, enterprise, and/or Agency. Identify areas of improvement in HR programs and contribute to development of solutions to complex issues.
- Lead and/or serve on teams as a subject matter expert and representative in a specific HR program area.
- Foster a culture of engagement, diversity, inclusiveness, excellence and innovation. Champion NASA’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility to create an environment that promotes a commitment to safety, integrity, and teamwork.
Conditions of Employment
- This position is open to U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
- Financial Disclosure, Drug Testing, and/or the Travel Requirements for this position may differ and be required based on the duty location/NASA Center requirements.
- You must meet qualifications requirements by the closing date of this announcement
- This position may require a one-year probationary period
- Position subject to pre-employment background investigation or higher level clearance. Investigation/Clearance may differ and be required based on the duties/location-NASA Center requirements.
- The location will be determined upon selection but must be at one of the locations indicated within the announcement.
To qualify for GS-12, you must have one year of directly related specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level:
- Providing advisory/consultative services related to human resources products and services;
- Applying HR laws, regulations, policies, program principles to resolve human resources matters in one or more HR functional areas;
- Identifying, evaluating, and recommending solutions for HR problems and issues.
To qualify for GS-13, you must have one year of directly related specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level.
- Providing authoritative, strategic, human resources management advisory/consultative services in one or more functional areas
- Researching, analyzing and evaluating complex human resources issues and recommending methods and strategies for resolution
- Analyzing data trends and/or information to drive strategic business and human capital decisions
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
If you have special priority selection rights under the Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), you must:
– Indicate your eligibility when applying for a position. The questionnaire asks you to identify your ICTAP/CTAP eligibility.
– Meet the minimum qualifications requirements for the position
– Submit proof that you meet the requirements for CTAP/ICTAP as indicated in ‘Required Documents’
For additional information about CTAP/ICTAP eligibility, click here – https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/#ictap.
To apply for this job please visit www.usajobs.gov.