Website Louis Vuitton
ABOUT THE JOB
Since 1854, the innovation and creativity of Louis Vuitton’s expert craftsmanship has been passed from generation to generation. Louis Vuitton U.S. Manufacturing (LVUSM) is a part of this rich history and tradition, and proudly operates workshops in California and Texas.
Our new Texas workshop is seeking a Human Resources (HR) Manager. As an ambassador of the Brand this position supports the business in people strategies and activities. This pivotal member of the HR team is a trusted partner to the production teams, responsible for delivering on key business priorities through employee engagement, retention, performance management, and talent development. Reporting to the HR Director of Texas, this position will impact and influence our teams and business operations in the following key areas:
- Support the implementation of diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies.
- Enhance the work relationships, through conflict resolution, effective communication, coaching, teamwork, and performance management.
- Build a culture of engagement and performance.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and compliance with Louis Vuitton policies and procedures and their communication to the employees.
- Support production supervisors with consistent coaching, identify their development and training needs, and those of their team.
- Manage the annual performance appraisal and merit review for Artisans, Warehouse Associates, and Mechanics, and ensure supervisors are fully trained and coached on how to improve the effectiveness of the annual appraisal process to develop and drive their team’s performances.
- In partnership with the Employee Relations Manager and Human Resources Director, mitigate legal exposure for LVUSM by proactively managing and addressing applicable employee relations matters, closely following up on necessary cases, and ensuring that all required paperwork is complete and actioned.
- Work closely with production management to optimize employee performance in support of business goals.
- Support talent acquisition on hiring matters, as necessary.
- Lead and animate the health and ergonomics strategy for the workshop.
- Be a Louis Vuitton ambassador by proactively representing the Brand in relevant local activities and through social networking.
Joining our team means directly participating in the development of our products, contributing to the achievement of our manufacturing and quality objectives, and thus meeting the needs of the Louis Vuitton client in the United States. If you thrive in a dynamic environment and enjoy collaborating with high caliber talent to achieve common goals, we want to meet you!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, other relevant field of study, or the equivalent years of experience
- 7+ years of progressive HR experiences resulting in strong Generalist expertise; preferably in the manufacturing, distribution, retail, or hospitality industry (Minimum 2 years as a manager)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Must be fully bilingual in English and Spanish. French is a plus
- Agile approach with the ability to be tactical and strategic
- Drive for results without compromising ethics and quality
- Strong capacity to work autonomously in an evolving and fast-paced environment
- Sound, mature and commercially astute business decision making skills
- Effective communicator, able to articulate ideas clearly and concisely in a variety of settings, adjusting the message to match the audience
- Knowledge of employee and labor relations laws, regulations, and practices
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical benefits effective the first of the month following your start date
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Discount and access to other LVMH Brand discounts
Louis Vuitton is a company that respects the uniqueness of each employee and offers everyone the means to find their place and thrive. We promote initiatives aimed at supporting professional equality for everyone. We strive to go above and beyond purely symbolic measures by building a culture focused on meaningful strategies aimed at crafting an inclusive workforce.
In addition to a generous benefits package, our teams are eligible for great training opportunities and career development, both locally & globally. Make your career a beautiful journey, apply today!
A domestic relocation package is available upon need.
Our typical recruitment process includes the following steps:
- Initial Zoom interview with a Recruiter
- Initial Zoom interview with the Hiring Manager
- On Site interview(s) with the Hiring Manager and/or an HR member
Please note that given the seniority or needs of the role, we may deviate from the above process.
Upon notice, the Company engages with applicants and employees requesting reasonable accommodations. Please notify Human Resources to explore further.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.louisvuitton.com.