Website J. Crew
We make modern classics with character. We believe in true timelessness, the integrity of well-made clothes, and since our inception, great quality at a great price. That’s in our DNA.
But, we know it’s not only about the clothes—it’s about the feeling it gives the people who wear them, whether they’re confidently giving a presentation in a well-tailored suit; basking in long salty beach days in vibrant, colorful sun-soaked swimsuits, or joyfully re-discovering their favorite Rollneck sweater in their closet again and again, season after season.
And ultimately, it’s about helping our customers be the best, most authentic versions of themselves.
And that’s what we’re after, to inspire people’s lives and style.
Whether you’re a customer or a part of our crew, we put people first. We’re proud to have been recognized as an industry leader in:
- America’s Greatest Workplaces for Diversity (Newsweek, 2023)
- America’s Greatest Workplaces for Women (Newsweek, 2023)
- Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes, 2022)
- Best Employers for New Grads (Forbes, 2022)
- Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality (The Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 2022)
Title: Employee Relations Manager
The Employee Relations Manager is a vital member of our Human Resources team, responsible for maintaining positive employee relations and ensuring adherence to all relevant labor laws and regulations. This role plays a crucial part in fostering a harmonious work environment and safeguarding the company’s compliance with applicable employment laws.
- Mediate and resolve workplace conflicts, fostering a respectful and productive work environment.
- Collaborate with business partners to address employee issues and grievances promptly.
- Conduct internal investigations as necessary, following established procedures, and ensuring fairness and objectivity.
- Provide guidance and support to managers and HRBP’s on employee relations matters, helping them to navigate sensitive issues.
- Handle employee inquiries and concerns with professionalism and confidentiality.
- Document findings and make recommendations for corrective action.
- Stay up-to-date with federal, state, and local labor laws and regulations, ensuring company-wide compliance.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of HR policies and procedures to align with legal requirements.
- Conduct regular audits and assessments to identify compliance gaps and recommend corrective actions.
- Maintain accurate employee records and documentation in accordance with legal standards.
- Assist in developing and delivering compliance-related training to educate employees and managers on legal requirements and best practices.
- Additional Employee Relations functions as needed based on the evolving needs of the business
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- 2+ years of experience in employee relations and HR compliance, preferably in a retail or corporate setting.
- Strong knowledge of labor laws, regulations, and HR best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution abilities.
- High level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Proficiency in HRIS and MS Office applications.
- HR certification (e.g., SHRM-CP, PHR).
- Experience with HR software and data analytics.
We welcome you to apply, even if you don’t check all the boxes. Our passion is scouting life-long learners who are driven by curiosity, and who feel connected to our brands and share our desire to make an impact. We’re always seeking bright new talent who leverage their unique experiences to discover, grow and evolve with our teams.
Benefits + Perks
- Health & Well-being – Eligible associates and family members receive medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance, family planning (fertility, adoption & surrogacy support), fitness discounts, medical travel and more.
- Associate Discount – We love our products just as much as you do! That’s why we offer a great associate discount across all of our brands (J.Crew, J.Crew Factory, and Madewell).
- Flex Fridays – In addition to our hybrid work model, we also close our office at 1:00 PM every Friday year-round.
- Community Impact – We support the communities where we live and work through our philanthropic efforts and the J.Crew Cares Program.
- Winter Break – In addition to our PTO package, J.Crew Group offers a winter break at the end of December to eligible full-time associates at the Home Office to provide time to refresh and recharge.
Note: Availability of these benefits and perks may be subject to work location & employment type and may have certain eligibility requirements.
Salary Range: $97,600.00 – $122,000.00
At J.Crew Group (JCG) we aim to pay competitively for our company’s size and industry. The base salary offered will take into account internal equity and may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region of work premises, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. The base salary is just one component of J.Crew Group’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes the opportunity for bonus, competitive benefits and perks.
One of our core focuses here at JCG is creating a community and culture that builds belonging. We are deeply committed to our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts, and we warmly welcome job applicants of all backgrounds.
JCG is proud to affirmatively provide equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, legally protected physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected under applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit jcrew.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.