Website International Paper
$48,000 – $64,000
Multiple factors, including Individual experience, skills and abilities will determine where an employee is ultimately placed in the pay range.
The Job You Will Perform:
- Supports managers and employees at the facility in Human Resource-related areas. This is a non-exempt position that reports to the Site Manager with dotted line reporting to the Human Resource Generalist.
- Coordinates selection processes for hourly and salaried positions including posting with and outreach to the local Workforce Development and other organizations; communication with authorized staffing agencies; sourcing, screening, and corresponding with applicants; conducting pre-employment assessments and reference checks; maintenance of all recruiting files. Coordinates orientation and onboarding activities for new hires.
- Maintains the Affirmative Action Planning system, including maintaining annual logs for internal job postings, hires, terminations, separations, and promotions; completion of the annual AAP. Ensure the facility maintains full compliance with all aspects required of a federal contractor.
- Makes presentations to employees and contractors regarding policies and work rules that apply to all individuals who work at our location.
- Maintains the accuracy and security of all HR-related files in accordance with the records retention policy including employee personnel files, medical files, and I-9’s.
- Maintains logs for disciplinary action, training, vacation, etc. Maintains the accuracy of shared files and databases.
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of human resource-related forms; researches and furnishes employee information to authorized persons as appropriate; and handles human resource-related questions.
- Thorough knowledge of local pay practices, pay levels, job groups, and manages the interface with SAP and the plant hourly payroll system. Ensures hourly employees are coded accurately by job classification, jobs performed, shift, and department assignment.
- Completes hourly attendance tracking on a daily basis, initiates disciplinary action when needed, communicates issues, and prepares attendance reports.
- Working knowledge of all benefits for hourly and salaried employees. Assists with open enrollment meetings. Serves as a resource to employees in resolving benefits-related issues and concerns. Supports processes related to FMLA, disabilities, and return to work.
- Processes all unemployment-related claims; participates in any appeal hearings or other activities related to unemployment claims.
- Surfaces employee concerns and improvements; recommends alternatives for resolution of problems as appropriate; acts as a liaison between the individual employee, facility managers, Region Human Resource Manager, and company or community resources in maintaining a highly engaged, union-free work environment.
- May perform additional duties as assigned to support the Finance functions such as accounts receivable/payable, invoicing, order entry, payroll, and related administrative duties in support of plant operations.
- Coordinate facility functions including employee recognition, service awards, safety, and holiday-related events.
- Assists in organizing presentation materials, coordinating meeting and catering arrangements, maintaining bulletin boards, and other assignments as required.
The Skills You Will Bring:
- Minimum of three years general administrative human resources experience. College degree in Human Resources or related field highly desirable; PHR certification strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
- A high level of diplomacy, tact, and judgment as well as an upbeat and positive attitude.
- Ability to surface issues and handle sensitive and confidential information in an efficient and professional manner.
- Superior organizational skills with a high quality of accuracy and attention to detail in both written and verbal communications.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly, work and be flexible with deadlines, solve problems effectively, and handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to be proactive and self-directed while working professionally in a team environment to resolve issues and meet deadlines.
- Experience with SAP strongly desired. Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Microsoft Windows environment with an emphasis on Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel. Demonstrated ability to learn new software programs or databases quickly.
- Prior work experience in a non-union, multi-shift manufacturing environment preferred.
The Benefits You Will Enjoy:
International Paper offers a benefits package that includes health, welfare and retirement plans including Medical, Dental, Life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-term and Long-term Disability, 401(k), Company-funded retirement contributions, Paid Time Off, Education & Development (including Tuition Reimbursement), Student Loan Repayment Assistance, and Voluntary Benefits including insurance for home, auto, vision and pets.
The Career You Will Build:
Sales and Leadership training, promotional opportunities within a global company
The Impact You Will Make:
The Culture You Will Experience:
International Paper promotes employee well-being by providing safe, caring and inclusive workplaces. You will learn Safety Leadership Principles and have the opportunity to opt into Employee Networking Circles such as IPVets, IPride, Women in IP, and the African American ENC. We invite you to bring your uniqueness, creativity, talents, experiences, and safety mindset to be a part of our increasingly diverse culture.
The Company You Will Join:
International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a leading global supplier of renewable fiber-based products. We produce corrugated packaging products that protect and promote goods, and enable worldwide commerce, and pulp for diapers, tissue and other personal care products that promote health and wellness. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., we employ approximately 38,000 colleagues globally. We serve customers worldwide, with manufacturing operations in North America, Latin America, North Africa and Europe. Net sales for 2022 were $21.2 billion. Additional information can be found by visiting InternationalPaper.com.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
International Paper complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com or (877) 973-3919.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.internationalpaper.com.