Make a difference.
As a Human Resources Advisor, you will advise employees and managers on Human Resources (HR) strategies, policies, practices, and procedures to assist with effective business operations.
In this role you will:
- Provide human resources guidance and counseling to managers and/or employees on the effective application of the Company’s HR policies, practices, and procedures in the areas of recruiting, onboarding, performance management, employee development, training, compensation, and benefits.
- Assist in the implementation of Company-wide HR strategies that support successful business outcomes.
- Participate in change management efforts and complex communication initiatives.
- Serve as a liaison between the field and corporate to support and deliver communication and roll out Company initiatives across all areas of HR.
- Ensure facility compliance with federal, state, and local employment and labor regulations. Conduct investigations and/or reviews of employee, management, or third-party concerns.
- Oversee branch recruiting, onboarding, employee engagement, recognition, and performance management activities.
- Stay abreast of local, state, and federal laws, advise management of changes, and ensure branch compliance and take remedial action when necessary.
- Conduct diversity and college outreach.
- Help managers create training and development plans for employees.
What you bring to the table:
- 6 years of experience in Human Resources or related area required
- Experience in a large organization with complex systems and multi-site responsibilities preferred
- Four-year degree in Human Resources or related field of study preferred
- HR certification preferred
- Strong knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
- Knowledge of sales, operations, and financial processes
- Experience with continuous improvement techniques and practices
- Experience with Workday and other information systems used in human resource applications
- Analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills; able to coach and counsel many levels of employees through complicated legal and employee relations issues
- Time management and organization skills
- Ability to influence multiple levels within the Company
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Frequent travel required
The expected compensation range for this position is $85,000 to $95,000 annually. This position is also bonus eligible, based on specific and relevant business metrics.
Why should you join Graybar?
At Graybar, our employees are the heart and soul of our company. We believe that employees with diverse perspectives bring the ideas and innovative thinking we need to solve our biggest challenges and compete in an ever-changing world. Consistent with our values, we welcome people from all backgrounds, cultures and experiences into our company because we believe it’s the right thing to do and the right way to run our business.
We want each of our employees to know that they matter and to feel a sense of belonging, ownership and inclusion at Graybar. We believe that everyone should be treated with dignity and respect, and we work to build a collaborative environment where our employees have the opportunity to grow, learn and make a difference, both as individuals and as part of the team.
That’s what our employee ownership culture is all about: working as one team and moving forward together, while honoring the unique value each person brings to our company.
Apply now and find out what’s next for you.
At Graybar, we are known for our comprehensive benefits and our employee stock ownership plan! As a full-time employee of Graybar, you will accrue THREE weeks of vacation during your first 12 months, and will have access to a wide variety of our benefits. Benefits include: Medical Insurance and Prescription Drug, Dental Insurance, Vision Plan, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Disability Benefits, Profit Sharing Plan, 401(k) Savings Plan, Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays, Employee Recognition Program
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Not the right fit? Let us know you’re interested in a future opportunity by clicking Introduce Yourself in the top-right corner of the page or create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
To apply for this job please visit graybar.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.