Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in the United States or Canada, and they must be able to collaborate in person 4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub(s) where the team is based.
Grammarly is the world’s leading AI writing assistance company trusted by over 30 million people and 70,000 professional teams every day. From instantly creating a first draft to perfecting every message, Grammarly’s product offerings help people at 96% of the Fortune 500 get their point across—and get results. Grammarly has been profitable for over a decade because we’ve stayed true to our values and built an enterprise-grade product that’s secure, reliable, and helps people do their best work—without selling their data. We’re proud to be one of Inc.’s best workplaces, a Glassdoor Best Place to Work, one of TIME’s 100 Most Influential Companies, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in AI.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Technical Recruiting Manager who thrives in startup culture to join our Recruiting team. This person will be a strategic partner to engineering leadership and will manage, coach, and inspire a team of strong technical recruiters spread throughout North America.
As the Technical Recruiting Manager, you will play a pivotal role in enabling us to accomplish our mission by leading the North America Engineering Recruiting team across the United States and Canada, which owns the growth of our engineering function.
- Within the first 30 days, you will establish meaningful relationships with the Tech Recruiting team and leaders across the organization and familiarize yourself with our systems and processes in place.
- By month three, you will own the North American Engineering recruiting strategy. You will establish yourself as a trusted leader and help foster a culture of growth, ownership mentality, and fun with your team. You will evaluate processes and pipelines and make meaningful decisions to set the team up for success and future scale. You’ll be in lockstep with the Engineering leaders and collaborate on hiring growth objectives.
- By six months and beyond, you will partner with the Head of Tech Recruiting to set a long-term strategy aligned with Grammarly’s business objectives. You would use data to influence efficient process changes, grow your team, and take big bets.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is inspired by our MOVE principles, which are the blueprint for how things get done at Grammarly: move fast and learn faster, obsess about creating customer value, value impact over activity, and embrace healthy disagreement rooted in trust.
- Is able to collaborate in person 4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Has a successful track record of delivering results.
- Has experience creating and executing inclusive recruitment strategies
- Has 5+ years of experience working in an innovative Recruiting team that builds for future scale at different growth milestones. Is adaptable and has successfully led through change.
- Can lead and inspire others towards a common goal through a mix of instinct and data-driven decision-making.
- Has the ability to coach others on finding, evaluating, and convincing top engineering talent to consider Grammarly as a place of work.
- Has time-management, prioritization, and follow-through skills that are second to none.
- Holds themselves accountable and understand their significance to the success of the Recruiting team at Grammarly.
- Is creative and can find unique solutions while remaining flexible during any unforeseen logistical complications.
- Loves to build effective and strong relationships with recruiters and leaders.
- Can report on the health of the technical functions, plus identify challenges and provide fixes when necessary.
- Wants to work alongside our Employer Brand and People teams to innovate and iterate on recruiting processes.
- Is passionate about implementing new and exciting recruiting plans across the company.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) and RRSP matching
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this position are outlined below by compensation zone and may be modified in the future.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.