Job Description Summary
At GE Aerospace we invent the future of flight, lift people up and bring them home safely. As a Lead HR Business Partner you will play a critical role supporting our purpose and our greatest asset, our people. In this role you will be the first point of contact for employees and managers providing counsel, coaching and support on HR fundamentals and employee questions. This role is critical in executing key HR initiatives, providing available and responsive internal employee support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
- Partner with leaders and managers within a complex client group to support multiple employee populations, matrixes, customers, products, or initiatives
- Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to managers and employees with specific focus on: employee advocacy/engagement, HR fundamentals and process training, employee relations management, performance management, career development, talent assessment, acquisition and retention and workplace investigations as appropriate
- Serve as initial point of contact for questions and guidance on fundamental HR topics and issues and help employees and managers to navigate self-services and HR services
- Partner with HR Business Partners to execute business-specific HR strategies
- Ensure that all employee relations issues are properly identified, reported, investigated, and resolved
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures, and practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical and compliant work environment
- Lead key HR processes including compensation planning and compliance
- Conduct HR related training and support for functional processes like People, Performance & Growth (PPG), Talent Deep Dive Discussions, People Reviews, Salary & Wage Planning, New Employee Orientation and New Manager Assimilation and Inclusion, Diversity & Equality initiatives
- Assist with other HR special projects or initiatives as needed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 7 years of relevant experience)
- Minimum of 3 years professional work in Human Resources or Employee Human Resource Management
- Passionate employee advocate who wants to make a difference in the organization by helping employees succeed
- Approachable and responsive resource able to connect with employees at all levels
- Strong customer service focus, with a high level of responsiveness
- Works collaboratively: excels in a matrixed work environment, contributes constructively to team performance
- Applies solid judgment ensuring integrity, compliance, and confidentiality
- Strong interest in innovative HR solutions and process improvement. Performs with a Lean mindset and is skilled in applying Lean tools to improving business operations
- Strong problem-solving skills: ability to make independent decisions, manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Detailed-oriented with excellent organizational & documentation skills
- Committed to learning and self-development seeks out learning opportunities to build expertise, skills, and capabilities.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Resources
- Experience working with Workday
This role requires access to U.S. export-controlled information. If applicable, final offers will be contingent on ability to obtain authorization for access to U.S. export-controlled information from the U.S. Government.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes