Website FedEx Ground
Provides clerical and administrative support to the human resources (HR) department.
- Provides support for the Package Handler talent acquisition process (e.g., scheduling interviews, monitoring background checks, applicant tracking system support, attending job fairs/recruitment events as needed, and contacting selected candidates)
- Supports Non-Package Handler hiring through preparing interview guides, uploading completed interview documents, applicant tracking system support, drug screen kits and other requirements as applicable
- Provides customer service and support for both internal and external customers for HR-related processes (dock walks, compliance, HR information tables, password resets, etc.)
- Maintains personnel files for all employees
- Provides support on auditing, reviewing, and processing the human resources paperwork and forms
- Generates, compiles, and distributes HR reports
- Participate in special projects, to include job fairs and retention/engagement events, etc.
- Provides support to HR Department as needed
- Must maintain confidentiality and perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures Additional Operations essential functions:
- Provides clerical support to various management and operational functions, including, but not limited to, photocopying, filing, faxing, emailing and answering telephone
- Reviews, researches and/or enters data in various systems to support respective functional area
- Compiles data and provides various regular and adhoc reports to management for review and determination
- Serves as frontline customer service to receive, solve and/or escalate customer inquiries and issues
- Assists management with Business Control Self-Assessment (BCSA) audit activity by retrieving data and/or files for review Additional Quality Assurance/Loss Prevention essential functions:
- Supports ability for timely delivery and mitigates loss and damage by performing address searches/corrections through various sources and ensuring packages are in good condition for the customer
- Prioritizes workflow to maximize the number of packages that can be resolved and sent out for delivery in the same day
- Ensures all packages receive appropriate scan statuses. Inspects and handles hazardous material damages as per policy. Ensures all loose product is accounted for as per company policy
- Researches missing packages to understand the root cause of scanning failures and compiles information on disputed deliveries for management review
- Reviews and trends loss and damaged claims filed to identify improperly charged claims and brings to the attention of management Additional Linehaul essential functions:
- Reviews and enters all Independent Contractor (IC) settlement information into appropriate system to ensure proper payments. Enters settlement adjustments as directed by manager
- Compiles required documentation to establish and maintain Department of Transportation (DOT)-required files. Verifies timely log entry into system
- Enters all individual vehicle mileage record information into the system and works with ICs and Linehaul staff to rectify any issues
- Tracks a variety of metrics, including the IC charge back program, complaints and maintenance compliance and prepares weekly reports for management review
- Serves as initial contact to receive IC inquiries or issues relating to settlement, uniforms, decals, etc., to route to management for appropriate resolution
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Three (3) years of experience required in HR clerical support or related area.
Required Skills, Abilities And / Or Licensure
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
- General business skills such as typing; data entry and review; and use of phone, copier, and fax.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions to complete routine procedures and/or operate standard equipment.
- Knowledge or policies and procedures relating to HR administration.
- Customer service skills necessary to effectively and professionally respond to requests.
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information.
- Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals.
- Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations.
- Ability to mentor, coach, and act as a knowledge resource to other employees.
To apply for this job please visit groundcareers.fedex.com.