ESPN’s Employee Relations Team provides guidance to leadership and employees on company policy, practices, and state/federal employment laws, conducts internal workplace investigations, and manages employee performance issues. The Employee Relations Manager will be expected to support the team in these activities. Duties will include counseling managers and employees, conducting internal workplace investigations, creating and facilitating employee training sessions, drafting employee discipline and performance management documents, and project work to support the goals and objectives of the Employee Relations team. This is an opportunity for someone with strong written and verbal communications skills to join this fun and fast-paced team.
- Counsels and guides managers and employees in all areas of employee relations administration, policy interpretation, employee complaints, corrective action procedures, performance management, and medical and other accommodations.
- Leads investigations into employee concerns and complaints relating to various employee policies (including discrimination and harassment) and recommends appropriate action.
- Counsels employees regarding a wide range of issues and complaints, including employees in crisis (e.g. death in family, medical issues, mental or emotional issues).
- Acts as the team’s lead contact and administrator for COVID-19 employee care, for as long as required by company protocols and health and safety conditions.
- Participates in establishing Human Resources/Employee Relations strategy and influences assigned client group strategies.
- Acts as liaison between managers and employees regarding performance issues and management (e.g. performance improvement plan process).
- Creates and delivers trainings for employees and managers relating to employee policies and legal issues.
- Analyzes ER data/metrics for themes, trends and root cause identification. Share findings with key partners.
- Create summaries and other documents related to the ER function. Assist with project work as needed to include training, facilitation of classes, research, and other projects that support the business.
- Interact and work with team members outside the HR organization, including Legal, Security, Communications, Health and Safety, and Disney Management Audit.
- Engage with ER team members across The Walt Disney Company to assist with advancing case work and other ER initiatives as needed/directed
- Minimum 3-5 years progressively responsible experience as an HR or legal professional with a concentration in employee relations work
- Demonstrated strong written/verbal communication and facilitation/presentation skills
- Demonstrated consultative and credibility assessment skills. Ability to quickly assess witnesses and documents and make decisions based on limited information
- Ability to assess sensitive and complex employee relations issues in a confidential, objective, and systematic manner
- Critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and influence at all levels within the organization, and make decision while keeping partners and leaders informed
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects with strong time management and prioritization skills
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Ability to travel
- Strong understanding of all aspects of employment and human resources related laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts and practices, including but not limited to Title VII, ADA, ADAAA and FMLA
- Advanced degree (JD)
- Experience with data and analytics
- Advanced PowerPoint skills
- Spanish language skills
- Experience creating interactive training sessions
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Law Degree (JD)
- Labor Relations experience/expertise
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN, Inc, which is part of a business we call ESPN.
ESPN, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.disneycareers.com.