Do well by doing good.
EnergySage is the leading online marketplace for solar and other clean energy technologies. Millions of consumers use our content and tools to research and evaluate solar, batteries, community solar and other energy products and services. Our brand is trusted by consumers and thought leaders. Check out our coverage in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post and more.
We are a team of passionate, collaborative, authentic individuals who are dedicated to making renewable energy options more accessible and affordable to consumers. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with teams in Serbia, we are currently 120+ employees and growing rapidly.
Our team operates on a hybrid work schedule with 3 days of onsite collaboration. Learn more about our company and our team: www.energysage.com/about-us/company
Vice President, People
In this newly created position, the VP, People will report directly to the COO (head of company) and oversee Human Resources, Talent Management (including recruiting), Organizational Development, Office Management, and 4-5 team members of varying levels who execute these functions. The VP of People will actively collaborate with other senior leaders on the company’s people strategy while also being hands-on operationally. With data-driven decision-making and a bias towards action, the VP People will accelerate organizational performance at our current stage of our growth and proactively ready the organization for our next stage, while strengthening the unique, positive aspects of our culture and ensuring regulatory compliance.
What You’ll Do:
- Strategically partner with executive leadership, including Schneider Electric, to build and maintain a high performing, scalable organization that executes effectively on current business goals
- Lead a team of experienced HR, Talent Management, Recruiting, Organizational Development, and Workplace Experience professionals to execute People strategies
- Identify key performance indicators for the organizations people operations functions and utilize them to assesses the organization’s success and market competitiveness
- Act as the executive sponsor for DEI and other employee led committees
- Oversee all recurring HR processes and administration; evolve processes, programs, and systems as the company scales
- Develop a competitive compensation and total rewards philosophy and structure– including benefits review and selection– that align to our business, mission, and culture
- Establish and maintain company policies that are fair and supportive of a positive work environment
- In partnership with a third-party legal team, oversee company-sponsored immigration-related activities and applications
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance in all employment related aspects of the organization, applying in-depth knowledge of EEO, Fair Labor Standards, Wage and Hour, FMLA, ACA, and other regulatory requirements
- Design and execute the organization’s learning and development program and strategies
- Execute and enhance performance and other talent review cycles
- Establish philosophies and strategies for leadership and management, as well as the development of these team members
- Oversee the organization’s recruitment function for all disciplines and levels
- Maintain and enhance a mission- and people-focused company culture that is inclusive, supportive, and enabling
- Design and maintain scalable org structure for current and future growth; including career paths and succession planning
- Partner with leadership and management in elevating their effectiveness, as well as their teams’
- Proactively develop and execute change management plans for planned and unplanned change impacting internal stakeholders
- Identify, guide, and implement diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) programs/initiatives that span the organization
- Create and execute internal communication plans and messaging
- Oversee the management of a safe and highly-usable workspace
- Ensure engaging and inclusive workplace experience through social and DEI events and initiatives
What We Look For:
- Success in leading the people operations functions for growing organizations >200 FTEs, preferably across multiple locations
- 7-10+ years of progressive human resource management experience required, with 3+ years team management responsibilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR compliance and regulatory requirements; PHR/SHRM-CP or SPHR/SHRM-SCP strongly preferred
- Success in independently planning and leading strategic initiatives; proven success leading large, complex projects and/or programs across teams or organizations, often working on multiple projects at the same time
- Quick learner with solid business acumen and sound judgment
- Analytical and strategic thinker—data-driven and analytical in problem solving while also understanding and considering the big picture
- Excellent written and oral communicator; able to communicate across multiple levels including executive leadership; strong presentation skills
- Ability to build strong relationships across the organization at all levels
- Demonstrated highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job – but we believe there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Even if you do not meet all of the qualifications above, we’d still love to hear from you. Tell us about the unique qualities you might bring in your cover letter.
We are EnergySage
As the leading online comparison-shopping marketplace for rooftop solar, energy storage, community solar, and financing, EnergySage is accelerating the adoption of clean energy by improving consumer access and affordability. Our user-friendly platform is built on the principle of consumer empowerment through unbiased information, transparency, and choice. As we grow and enter new markets, we seek team members who bring new perspectives, skills, and energy that will propel us to accomplish the challenging work we have ahead.
- Consumer First: Our top priority is to serve and empower consumers through transparency, equitable access to information, and personalized interactions.
- Better Together: We recognize that we gain and give more through collaboration, partnership, and diversity of experience and perspective. We respect one another and are inspired by what we learn and achieve together.
- Integrity: We take personal ownership and pride in doing the right thing. Our consistency, competence, and high standards earn the reputation of “trusted advisors” with all of our stakeholders.
- Substantive Impact: We are committed to effecting and sustaining positive environmental, social, and market transformations through creativity, innovation, and persistence.
- Iterative Excellence: Our intellectual curiosity and bias toward action drive us to continuously learn, evaluate, iterate, and improve.
EnergySage is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Applicants from a broad range of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.energysage.com.