Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 2,000+ employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you, apply now www.draper.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sr. HR Business Partner will report to the Director of Human Resources. This individual will partner with designated departments to align and leverage human capital with business goals and strategies. Serving as an HR consultant to be both an employee champion and a change agent. As part of a collaborative team, this position will be responsible to develop partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added services to management and all employees. The ideal candidate will possess a demonstrated skill in the ability to influence and collaborate across the teams in which they support.
This is a hybrid role based in Cambridge, MA with the ability to work from home two days per week.
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues from investigation through resolution in partnership with the associate director, management and legal
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements related to day to day management of employees, regarding legal risk and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Ensure consistent application & review of policies and procedures
- Successful track record of partnering effectively with employees at all levels
- Draft new HR policies in accordance with organizational goals and labor laws or regulations
- Strategize ways to improve the relationship between the company’s leadership and their employees to help improve culture and employee morale
- Champion change management initiatives to align with business objectives
- Ability to design and execute project plans, identifying interdependencies and incorporating related communication/change management plans
- Experience in influencing and engaging in effective stakeholder management
- Application of best practices in understanding team dynamics, working in a matrixed design, and ensuring organizational values and culture
- Ability to partner effectively with Talent Acquisition and other HR specialty areas to drive creative HR programs and solutions
- Participate in project teams that support strategic initiatives, such as Diversity and Inclusion, Performance Management, and Talent Management
- Provide support within HR to provide informal mentorship and knowledge sharing with peers
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of HR or business experience in positions of increasing responsibility
- Government/Defense/Research industry experience preferred
- Master’s Degree or MBA in HR or related field preferred
- Experience negotiating and providing HR support to Union members preferred
- Experience creating and delivering learning and development training preferred
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Familiarity with applicant tracking systems, iCIMS preferred
- Comfort operating in a dynamic, high growth environment
- Strong consultation and coaching skills
- Excellent execution skills and the ability to translate HR strategy into actionable initiatives
To apply for this job please visit careers-draper.icims.com.