Website Dartmouth College
Position PurposeTo provide cyclical and project-related human resources support for the Dean’s Office at the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth. Supports process and procedure related to recruitment, onboarding, retention, and departures for staff employees at Geisel. Works closely with the Chief of Staff and the Associate Director of Human Resources to coordinate annual cycles related to staffing, including but not limited to performance evaluations, merit increases, and on-site requirements for staff on Hanover and Lebanon campuses. Supports the office’s mission to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for staff and all personnel at the medical school.DescriptionRequired Qualifications – Education and Yrs Exp Bachelors or equivalent combination of education and experienceRequired Qualifications – Skills, Knowledge And Abilities
- Three plus years of office experience.
- In-depth knowledge of office procedures.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong initiative, sound judgement and interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication, active listening, and customer service mindset.
- Experience in project tracking and/or database systems.
- High degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Highly proficient with computer applications, including Microsoft Office 365 Suite/Outlook calendar and Zoom video-conferencing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration preferred, or the equivalent in education and experience.
- SHRM -CP
- Experience in an academic or Human Resources setting.
- Project coordination experience.
Department Contact for Recruitment Inquiries Margaret HuntonDepartment Contact Phone NumberDepartment Contact for Cover Letter and Title Margaret HuntonDepartment Contact’s Phone Number 603-646-5818Equal Opportunity EmployerDartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.Background CheckEmployment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, conduct review, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.Is driving a vehicle (e.g. Dartmouth vehicle or off road vehicle, rental car, personal car) an essential function of this job? Not an essential functionSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsDartmouth College has a Tobacco-Free Policy. Smoking and the use of tobacco-based products (including smokeless tobacco) are prohibited in all facilities, grounds, vehicles or other areas owned, operated or occupied by Dartmouth College with no exceptions. For details, please see our policy. https://policies.dartmouth.edu/policy/tobacco-free-policyAdditional InstructionsQuick Link https://searchjobs.dartmouth.edu/postings/70703Key AccountabilitiesDescriptionHuman Resources and Project Coordination
- Serves as an administrative partner/coordinator for projects within Geisel Human Resources, including tracking deliverables, ensuring completion, and following up with relevant parties.
- Provides support as an administrative contact in staff recruitment through Dartmouth’s Online Review and Recruit ( DORR ) system for staff position management: assists with data entry, proofreads position actions, ensures accuracy and completion of requests, prepares for review by staffing committee, generates reports, submits for final approval as required.
- Compiles and prepares reports on Geisel’s personnel related documentation, including staffing, recruitment, demographics, turnover, and training
- Serves as a verified Dartmouth College I-9 representative for Geisel Human Resources and processes I-9 requests
- Conducts stay and exit interviews with staff and supports other Geisel Human Resource initiatives
- Screens applicants for staff positions when needed
- Assist in the creation and updates of the Geisel New Employee Orientation program materials and presents during the orientation session
- Assists with timely labor distribution changes, FTE changes, or other payroll actions.
- Supports the annual cycles related to staff personnel management, including but not limited to the performance evaluation cycle and merit increase process; shares reports with departments, tracks completion at individual and department level, coordinates with Human Resources on any changes to the master tracking sheet.
- Attends meetings as requested by leadership, takes minutes, and follows up on any action items.
Percentage Of Time 55DescriptionAdministration
- Provides project and programmatic support for Geisel Human Resource initiatives, working closely with the Chief of Staff, Associate Director of Human Resources, and other relevant stakeholders at Geisel, Dartmouth, and partner institutions (e.g., Dartmouth-Hitchcock). Attends meetings, tracks action items, and follows up on questions and/or deliverables.
- Supports office operations and serves as a key partner for other administrative staff in the Dean’s Office. Shares responsibility for ordering office supplies and coffee/kitchen supplies with other Dean’s Office staff.
- Provides high-level calendar support for the Chief of Staff and the Geisel Human Resources Office; prioritizes meetings, manages working time, and is flexible with shifting priorities.
- Briefs the Geisel Human Resources team on changes in schedules and priorities or on matters needing the supervisor’s personal or immediate attention. Frequently updates schedules and plans for upcoming meetings. Coordinates with other offices and departments to arrange co-sponsorship of events.
- Provides logistical support for regularly occurring Dean’s Office meetings and events. Confirms venues/room space, tracks RSVPs, prepares materials, and orders catering as needed.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
Percentage Of Time 45
- Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit searchjobs.dartmouth.edu.