Who we are
At CarGurus (NASDAQ: CARG), our mission is to give people the power to reach their destination. We started as a small team of developers determined to bring trust and transparency to car shopping. Since then, our history of innovation and go-to-market acceleration has driven industry-leading growth. In fact, we’re the largest and fastest-growing automotive marketplace, and we’ve been profitable for over 15 years.
What we do
The market is evolving, and we are too, moving the entire automotive journey online and guiding our customers through every step. That includes everything from the sale of an old car to the financing, purchase, and delivery of a new one. Today, tens of millions of consumers visit CarGurus.com each month, and ~30,000 dealerships use our products. But they’re not the only ones who love CarGurus—our employees do, too. We have a people-first culture that fosters kindness, collaboration, and innovation, and empowers our Gurus with tools to fuel their career growth. Disrupting a trillion-dollar industry requires fresh and diverse perspectives. Come join us for the ride!
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Human Resources Business Partner to join our People & Talent Team to provide support to business leadership and employees on our engineering team. The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in aligning HR strategies with business objectives, fostering a positive work culture, and supporting the overall success of our organization. As a Human Resources Business Partner, you will serve as a trusted advisor to both management and employees, contributing to the development and implementation of HR initiatives that drive employee engagement, talent management, and organizational effectiveness. Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources Business Partnering, you will partner with dedicated business units to execute on our core people processes to foster a high-performing and highly-engaged workforce. You will collaborate closely with senior leaders in the company, but must also be able to work autonomously, adapting to change while making decisions quickly in our fast-paced environment. This high-impact role will drive fact-based decision making and with a bias for action, will propel the CarGurus talent strategy forward.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with business leaders to understand their organizations and proactively provide talent solutions that drive performance
- Provide strategic business partnership and coaching to people managers and leaders to positively impact the hiring, motivation, development, and retention of talent
- Execute on key talent initiatives across the assigned business units such as leadership development, talent reviews, succession planning, organizational design, and role-based competency development
- Conduct talent reviews and create action plans along with department managers to create a successful team including promotions, transfers, etc.
- Coach managers on standard people leadership methodologies and talent management strategies
- Act as point of contact for employees and managers to address employee relations issues including including conflict resolution, investigations, corrective actions, performance improvement plans, and terminations
- Collaborate across peer groups and with centers of expertise to co-create people related programs, policies and processes
- Adapt programing to fit the needs of assigned business units and lead change management efforts for critical talent initiatives
- Track, analyze and report on key people metrics, providing actionable insights to business leadership
Who you are
- You’re a Catalyst for Impact with a strong performance orientation, demonstrating ownership for your work and a passion to achieve key outcomes, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and an ability to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done
- You’re a Coach who brings strong conscientious people management capability with success in building and leading high performing teams
- You’re a strong Communicator, sharing our vision and bringing people along
- You’re a Change Leader with a proven track record of applying fresh, creative ideas to long-standing complex challenges
- You’re a Caring Collaborator, able to build relationships and influence business leaders at all levels including the executive team
- You’re purpose and values driven, with a reputation for integrity, ownership, and inclusion
What you’ll bring
- 5-8 years of experience working as a Human Resources Business Partner with an ability to translate business needs into HR solutions that drive engagement and performance
- 2+ years direct support of an engineering or technical team
- Proven experience in a global, fast-paced, high-growth technology company preferred
- Demonstrated foundation of US employment law and experience applying it effectively as a trusted HR advisor
- Comfort navigating ambiguity and adapting to frequent change with excellent problem-solving skills and decision-making ability
- Entrepreneurial spirit, and a track record of taking initiative with excellent project management, negotiation and mediation skills
- Ability to work with a very high level of confidentiality and discretion
- An effective communicator and natural relationship-builder who can collaborate with and influence a variety of work styles and personalities
Working at CarGurus
We reward our Gurus’ curiosity and passion with best-in-class benefits and compensation, including equity for all employees, both when they start and as they continue to grow with us. Our career development and corporate giving programs, as well as our employee resource groups (ERGs) and communities, help people build connections while making an impact in personally meaningful ways. A flexible hybrid model and robust time off policies encourage work-life balance and individual well-being. Thoughtful perks like daily free lunch, a new car discount, meditation and fitness apps, commuting cost coverage, and more help our people create space for what matters most in their personal and professional lives.
We welcome all
CarGurus strives to be a place to which people can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—starting with our hiring process. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We foster an inclusive environment that values people for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. That’s why we hope you’ll apply even if you don’t check every box listed in the job description. We want to know what only you can bring to CarGurus. #LI-Hybrid
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.