Website Boston Medical Center
The Human Resources Business Partner provides human resources consultation and support to a designated business unit. Uses knowledge of various human resources functions, including staffing, compensation, benefits, training and employee relations to provide tactical HR support to line managers. Consults with business unit management in the strategic planning process and development of human resources strategies that support the unit’s business needs. Acts as a liaison to other human resources functions when necessary.
Position: Sr. Human Resources Business Partner
Department: Human Resources
Schedule: Full Time
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
Provides overall strategic direction and long-term planning to ensure the achievement of the medical center’s goals and objectives. Models and incorporates BMC’s Mission, Vision and RESPECT attributes in the development and ongoing initiatives that support and anticipate the strategic business objectives of the Medical Center.
Strategic Leadership and Operations
- Partner with the business unit(s)’ management team to provide coaching and consultation and support on leadership and organizational development, change management and employee engagement.
- Proactively define, build and implement value-added HR strategies and solutions to enhance the business.
- Act as a consultant, advisor, facilitator and business partner with management and employees by thoroughly understanding the business issues of the organization and designing HR strategies to resolve identified business issues.
- Provide employee relations expertise to client groups ensuring compliance to company practices; state and federal employment law. Coach Managers on employee relations issues. Investigate employee issues and concerns and recommend appropriate action.
- Partner with Staffing and managers to ensure we are acquiring the right talent for the business unit(s).
- Align HR policies and strategy delivery with organizational objectives and to promote companywide best practices and consistency.
- Partner with Organizational Development to develop and implement tools/strategies to drive career development strategies and outcomes.
- Liaison with internal Human Resources functions on organizational design, recognition, staffing, compensation, benefits, training and employee relations and general support of performance management, promotions and other employee transactions.
- Work in conjunction with department leadership to manage restructuring and reorganizations to strengthen the business. Efforts would include talent and organizational assessment, creating the right infrastructure and culture that drives collaboration and strengthens functional interaction and excellence, developing exit strategies, putting plans in place to hire key talent to fill gaps, and crafting and rolling out communication strategies and implementation plans.
- Manage the delivery of companywide programs such as cycle management for merit review and bonus cycle for R&D organization.
- Maintains industry knowledge of practices and developments in HR Business Partnership strategy with particular emphasis on developments in the healthcare industry.
- Participates in hospital committees or meetings as requested.
- Conform to hospital standards of performance and conduct, including those pertaining to patient rights, to ensure that exceptional customer service and patient care may be provided.
- Utilize hospital’s core values and RESPECT attributes as the basis for decision-making and to facilitate the hospital’s goals and mission.
- Follow established hospital infection control and safety procedures.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development or related field required. Master’s degree preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- SPHR certification a plus.
- At least seven years’ related experience required. Experience must include working with organizational development for a large organization and/or functional business unit. Previous experience in a Hospital setting is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of relevant employment laws, basic understanding of labor relations and broad knowledge of all functional areas across HR.
- Strong organizational, project management and change management skills required.
- Ability to work effectively with and influence all levels of management and to communicate effectively with individuals from different cultures, socioeconomic and educational backgrounds.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, ability to diagnose problems, resolve conflict, and develop practical solutions.
- Strong level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (i.e. MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook) and web browsers.
- Ability to generate and make formal presentations on a variety of work-related topics on a regular basis required.
To apply for this job please visit bmc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.