Website Aurora Solar
About Aurora Solar
Are you ready to join the solar revolution? Look no further than Aurora Solar, where we’re on a mission to create a solar energy future for all.
A fast-growing Series D company, Aurora is disrupting the clean energy industry and changing the course of history with our award-winning, industry-leading software. This software doesn’t just design millions of solar projects, but designs a better tomorrow, empowering solar companies to sell, design, and install residential and commercial solar arrays accurately, seamlessly, and at scale.
It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, and we’ve got a stellar team that’s helping us get there. We were named one of “The Best Mid Sized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltIn.com and have been awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, and as we continue to build, we need even more passionate, skilled, and, well, energized people on board.
About the role
We are looking for a strategic HR Business Partner to join an organization that is making an important difference in the world! You will utilize a people-centric approach to advise and work with leaders on the organization’s strategic planning, people programs, and organizational health, as well as provide trusted partnerships to employees as they navigate their experience at Aurora Solar. In this role, you will lead the Tech HRBP pod, growing this function within the broader People function as a member of the People Leadership team.
What you’ll do
- Reporting to the VP of People, you’ll lead the Tech HRBP team, investing in HRBP talent and building world-class HR practices.
- Partner with client group VPs and senior management to align business priorities with people strategies, optimizing for team performance, engagement, and retention
- Assess organizational performance systemically, utilizing data and metrics. Define talent gaps and propose solutions
- Establish and maintain a deep understanding of your client groups and the industry, as well as emerging trends in talent management and organizational health
- Act as a trusted advisor to leaders, managers, and employees, providing guidance in the following areas: performance management, organization design, succession planning, coaching, career frameworks, talent data analysis compensation and rewards, legal risk mitigation/compliance, employee relations, learning and development, organizational change, engagement, recognition programs, etc.
- Navigate complex employee relations issues with a mindful, solution-oriented approach
- Partner with People functions (Talent Acquisition, People Ops, Total Rewards, DEIB & Talent Development, and Workforce Experience) to develop HR solutions, programs, and policies that support business and employee growth
- Develop staffing plans that meet business needs in partnership with leadership, Talent Acquisition, and Finance
- Work with managers and People teams to plan for employee lifecycle events, such as performance and compensation reviews, promotions and internal mobility, leaves of absence, and performance management.
- Initial projects will include career frameworks, workforce planning, succession planning, and talent management
What we value
- 10+ years as an HR Business Partner or HR Generalist with Management experience directly supporting senior leaders
- Proven performance history as a strategic HR partner
- Excellent social and communication skills with expertise in coaching and influencing business management at all levels
- Highly collaborative and adaptable approach, cultivating an environment of trust, inclusion, and belonging
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a strong customer focus
- Analytical and goal-oriented approach
- Proven practical knowledge of HR data and metrics
- Deep experience with employee relations and a solid understanding of employment law
- Full comprehension of all HR functions and standard processes
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
Aurora is committed to creating an inclusive and accessible experience for all candidates. If you require a reasonable accommodation that would better enable your success during the application or interview process, please complete this form.
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ashbyhq.com.