Website Appalachian Mountain Club
Calling all Human Resources professionals who love the outdoors! Join the Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC) in our mission to foster the protection, enjoyment, and understanding of the outdoors. Our values encompass diversity, inclusivity, trust, and respect for the environment. As an employee, you’ll gain access to enriching programs, policies, and procedures that enable you to drive real change. If you’re ready to explore, protect, and create memories within a dynamic community, apply now to be a part of the AMC team!
AMC is looking for an HR Coordinator/Office Assistant to help take our Human Resources team to the next level. Under the direction of the Senior Human Resources Manager, you will work as a part of AMC’s HR team on-site at our City Square headquarters located in Boston, MA.
The HR Coordinator/Office Assistant is a multi-faceted role that is as dynamic as the organization. This is a great opportunity for someone with a footing in HR to grow into a strong HR Generalist. Responsibilities include a wide variety of HR-related tasks – from onboarding and employment to compliance and reporting, all with a priority lens on creating a culture of inclusivity and belonging. No task is too big or too small, and the HR Coordinator/Office Assistant must show resourcefulness in dealing with a variety of situations. This role requires independent thinking, problem-solving skills, and the ability to collaborate with a variety of individuals across the organization both virtually and in-person.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING AT AMC
- Office-based administrative work including but not limited to sorting mail, providing staff with keycards, assisting with meeting room reservations, ordering staff business cards, etc.
- Implement and contribute to HR and payroll initiatives to improve processes.
- Assist in overseeing and coordinating the new hire onboarding process. Including initiating pre-employment background checks, processing new-hire documentation, etc.
- Complete employment verifications as requested.
- Assist with compliance-related reporting and special report requests.
- Oversee and manage the departmental email inbox.
- Assist with special projects and events as requested.
- Serve as backup to other HR team members as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned and necessary for the advancement of AMC’s mission.
WHAT AMC IS LOOKING FOR
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- You have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Human Resources.
- You are highly proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office-based programs.
- You have the ability to exercise effective decision-making, both independently and in collaboration with colleagues.
- You are highly diligent, organized, detail-oriented, and execution-driven
- You are an excellent communicator and writer
- You have strong organizational and follow-up skills
- You have excellent customer service skills
- You’re a positive influence and energy and view your role as critically important
- You can shift effortlessly from firefighter to project planner to creative strategist and back, on a continuous play loop.
- You bring a commitment to creating an equitable, inclusive, and culturally relevant environment for AMC employees, guests, visitors, volunteers, and other constituents.
- You are passionate about AMC’s mission!
WHAT AMC CAN OFFER YOU
Salary range: $45,568 – $61,474 / year
We are committed to equitable compensation practices, and we encourage qualified candidates to apply. The initial salary represents our starting point, and our compensation philosophy is designed to reward and recognize the contributions of our employees as they grow within the organization. External candidates typically begin their journey with us at the starting point of the salary range. The final compensation offer will be based on factors such as experience, education, skills and geographic differential relevant to the position, and will be discussed during the interview process.
- Health Plan: Generous employer contributions through Blue Cross Blue Shield Massachusetts with optional vision and dental.
- Other Insurance: 100% employer paid life insurance, AD&D insurance, long-term disability.
- Career Progression: The potential to have annual compensation reviews commensurate with performance and effort.
- Retirement: Voluntary 403(b) with 4% matching employer contributions and a vesting schedule.
- Paid Time Off: up to 4 weeks of paid earned time and up to 11 paid company holidays.
- Other Team Member Perks:
- 30% discount on AMC Merchandise
- Free Annual AMC Membership
- 10 Free nights at AMC locations
- Educational Assistance
- Prodeals discounts on equipment & gear and more!
HOW TO APPLY AT AMC
Please include a resume and cover letter. No phone calls or agencies please.
AMC welcomes all qualified candidates to apply, and we invite the full participation of all individuals currently underrepresented in the outdoor community. This includes, but is not limited to, individuals from racially and/or ethnically diverse communities, individuals with disabilities, individuals from LGBTQ+ communities, and individuals who experience intersectionality with one or more of these identities.
The Appalachian Mountain Club has zero tolerance for child abuse or placing children in danger. The AMC requires all employees who work in a program or facility which serves children, disabled persons, or the elderly to have a criminal background record check performed on their name annually with employment contingent upon satisfactory results.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.