Website American International College
About American International College:
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 88+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 888,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has approximately 2200 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
AIC strives to create a diverse and inclusive campus community that is representative, at all job levels, of the students we serve. We are an EEO employer and we welcome applications from individuals for positions where they are underrepresented.
- Develops, facilitates, and leads the phases of the recruitment process; including, but not limited: to maintaining job descriptions, preparing, and placing job postings, screening applicants, scheduling and conducting interviews, conducting reference and background checks, making verbal offers of employment, preparing written offer letters and orienting new employees including completion of new hire paperwork. Collaborates with the Hiring Manager and the Director of Human Resources during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, start dates, and other pertinent details. Monitors and ensures adherence to recruitment and selection policies, procedures, and protocols. Process regular reporting and ad-hoc reporting. Prepare, organize, and lead New Hire Orientation and other HR specific College-wide training as appropriate. Processes annual faculty contracts including updates to spreadsheets, adhering to timelines, mail merging contracts, following up with deans, and with applicants, new hire paperwork and orientation. Also serves as back up for Adjunct Faculty process. Collaborate with the Payroll Department to assure accurate compensation information. Maintains updated knowledge of best practices, trends, regulatory and legal changes, and new technologies in recruitment, revising the recruiting manual and related policies and protocols as needed.
- Hire, train and oversee student workers on recruitment.
- Cross-train in other HR functions and provide back-up for those functions as needed.
- Participate in College-wide meetings and projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required Degree(s): Bachelor’s degree preferred. In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, must possess a combination of education and five (5) years of direct human resources experience.
- Required Field of Expertise: 3-5 years as an employment recruiter
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Experience in higher education setting preferred but not necessary.
- Thorough knowledge of all federal, state, and local laws regarding employment
- Experience with Hirezon Interview Exchange and ADP Workforce Now preferred but not necessary.
- Ability to successfully recruit new employees at all levels within a college setting.
- Ability to handle a high volume of phone calls and e-mails.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of applicants, various departments, faculty, staff, and external constituents.
- Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships at all levels of the institution.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively handle highly sensitive and personal information with sound judgment, tact, and discretion
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to work under pressure, in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to meet strict deadlines.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
This is an exempt, benefits level position, not limited to 35 hours. Normal business hours are Mondays through Fridays, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, flexible to the needs of the department.
AIC reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
AIC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Qualified applicants should save and submit the following documents with the online application.
- Brief cover letter
- Current resume
- Contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor)
Review of applications will continue until the position has been filled.
To apply for this job please visit aic.interviewexchange.com.