At Amazon Robotics, our HR Partners are known for their knowledge of HR programs, processes and tools. They act as the frontline consultant to mainly people managers to create a positive employee experience, offering consistent HR advice on people matters. They operate and are seen as subject matter experts, having sound knowledge in company and local programs, processes and policies, offering a strong and compelling point of view around HR related matters, thus building credibility. They are committed to collaboration with multiple HR Business Partners, HR specialists and people managers across the various businesses. A key area of focus is to increase manager capability which should enable them to be more self-sufficient and drive manager education on important people programs, policies, tools and processes.
This role can sit in Boston, Nashville, or Seattle, with the preferred location of Boston, MA.
Key job responsibilities
This role will act as an influential partner in helping managers with talent management processes, people development, performance management and manager coaching. Thanks to their visibility across businesses and their access to data on managers’ and employees’ requests, this role will be in a position to spot trends and identify emerging needs and address them with innovative people programs, tools and processes.
Employee Relations & Support
· Process ownership for Employee Relations management, including disciplinary & performance improvement for issues not supported by the central Employee Relations team.
· Consult managers on people matters that require in depth knowledge of policies, procedures and local legislation, across multiple locations.
· Conduct investigations and manage ER cases, in coordination with the Employee Relations and with the Legal departments.
· Work with people managers end to end on performance management cases.
· Analyze data and trends on ER and performance management, in order to provide input to the business strategy to HRBP, preventing the recurrence of known issues.
· Coach, train and guide managers during the Talent Management and Annual Compensation Planning processes.
· Consult Managers on Compensation matters.
· Develop toolkit and communications that help managers to be self-sufficient with Talent Reviews.
· Enable the success of new & experienced managers by leveraging, delivering and improving existing training contents and Inside pages, and collaborating with the Devices Talent Development teams to anticipate and address emerging needs.
· Support managers and employees in identifying training opportunities to further develop functional and managerial skills.
· Support people managers with career conversations, Development Plans/Career Growth Plans and other development initiatives.
Organization and change management
· Manage employees’ programs and support managers to drive improvements in employees’ engagement.
· Provide support and guidance to HR Business Partners and Business Managers on change initiatives.
· Act as stewards of the employee experience and Amazon “culture keepers”
· Act as Point of Contact and Program Manager for people tools, processes, programs or projects.
· Design and deliver Manager Education initiatives to further drive collective education and manager effectiveness
· Analyze data and observations across the organization, highlighting trends and recommending/driving solutions, as appropriate
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Westborough, MA, USA
Bachelor’s degree or higher, in Human Resources or related field.
3+ years of relevant Human Resources experience.
• Business and HR acumen, including problem solving skills, critical thinking and analysis.
• Drives recommendations and prioritization. Looks to a lead or manager to put decisions into a broader business context.
• Experience working in a highly matrixed organization.
• Project management and execution skills.
• Coaching and consulting skills.
• Thrives in a high-pressure environment and able to manage multiple simultaneous priorities.
• Possesses intellectual curiosity; brings insight into the team & business.
• Advanced ability to work in a matrix fashion with business lead HR Partners.
• Proficiency working with remote management.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.